Purchase: (need I tell you it means buy buy buy, the American pastime?)
Paroxsym: a fit, attack, or sudden increase or recurrence of symptoms
I need… No, I WANT to purchase a projector. I have a list of semi-rational reasons for “needing” this electronic gadget, only one of which would bring in any money.
- $$ I could put it into service to promote my feng shui consulting services and to teach classes. It would take four consultations to pay for itself.
- I could use it at Toastmasters for more professional presentations.
- I could use it for social gatherings to show travel and family photos.
- I could project DVDs from my laptop and (if I buy TV receiver) I could use it instead of a TV. Of course I watch almost zero TV.
- I’m supporting the sagging US economy…
I discussed the proposed projector purchase with my daughter: “Mom,” she said, “are you down-sizing or up-sizing?”